Monday, May 6, 2013

Gluten Free Restaurant Review: Johnny Rocket's at City Creek

There's a new place at the City Creek mall, recently voted the best mall in America. (I also didn't realize it was possible to be voted the best mall after 1992, but I stand corrected).

My coworker really wanted to go to Johnny Rockets, mostly because I think she wanted an Oreo shake (yeah, not gluten free). I decided to join her. The Johnny Rockets website gives allergen information, and there are reviews online that you can order a bunless hamburger that will be safely prepared. Johnny Rockets restaurants fry other things beside fries in their fryers, which doesn't meet my gluten free standards, so I didn't order any of those. I did order a salad instead, which was essentially the hamburger toppings of lettuce and tomato, and some cheese I needed to pick off.



You can see that the cheese came in handy.


The meal was successfully gluten free, and our server was knowledgeable enough to help out. I definitely appreciated that.  From a more practical view, the food was more expensive for a meal that included extra hamburger toppings as a salad. Still, it's a family friendly option at City Creek where you are likely to get a safely prepared gluten free hamburger that doesn't seem to have cross contamination issues.

Johnny Rockets
City Creek Center, downtown Salt Lake City
Food Court, 2nd floor (northeast corner)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I am coming to SLC and staying nearby the City Creek Mall. Nice to know of another eating option. I'm packing Udi's GF buns in my suitcase for a full burger experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheri,

    Wonderful. You can also try the Chick-fil-a and Great Steak (without a bun) in the Food Court of City Creek. Hope you enjoy your visit!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! :) Thanks for sharing the love. I just want to remind you that I don't accept spam comments. Cheers!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs