Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Astro Burger: Gluten Free Restaurant Review

I am pretty much over the plague, so I thought you might like another great restaurant review for some good gluten free eats in Salt Lake City. A full disclosure confession - I've had these photos for months. While I wouldn't expect that they've changed their mind on gluten free, I haven't confirmed it at Astro Burger since mid-2012. So, keep that in mind. Still, I thought you should know.

The husband and I used to eat at Astro Burger on a regular basis. After all, if you want good bacon, Astro is your place. I even have an original Stephanie Swift print of the Astro Burger sign. (The artist, not the, um, other one who shows up in internet searches.) Trust me, you'll regret searching her by name. However, buy her art through the website I linked!

Did I mention great bacon?

I found out that Astro had gluten free buns for your burger, as well as a gluten free fryer for their fries. It was with some trepidation I tried it, but I was definitely pleasantly surprised. I should also say that Astro Burger locations may vary - I was at the Midvale location, just a few blocks south of Fashion Place Mall on State Street.

C also ordered a chicken sandwich gluten free, and they were both full of that rare, Greek-inspired-but-exclusive-to-Salt-Lake goodness. After all, Salt Lake City has a unique Greek food culture that offers us a lot to choose from.

Go experience some good Greek!


Astro Burger
6863 S State St  Midvale, UT 84047
801.561.2575


1 comment:

  1. Great to know! I love the list of gf restaurants...we have been so trepid to go out to eat, because it is hard to trust what will be in your food when you are on a special diet.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! :) Thanks for sharing the love. I just want to remind you that I don't accept spam comments. Cheers!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs