Monday, November 22, 2010

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe

I made it! I am home, and now I can eat my chocolate chip cookies, cook in my tiny kitchen, speak English, and go to the office in the morning. Apparently it's the simple things for me.

And now, I'm getting geared up for Thanksgiving as well (see last year's spread). We'll be going the same direction this year, with pies and a few friends. We'll probably invite ourselves over to someone who is making gluten free fry bread (scones) to go along with their Thanksgiving dinner. Days off from work, and food. I'm definitely grateful for food that heals me.

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies


For right now, I'm busy catching up with work for this short week. Cheers!


Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from Gluten Free & Wheat Free Gourmet Desserts by Michael L. Eberhart

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 stick butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 cup millet flour
1/2 cup sorghum flour
1/2 cup sweet rice flour (also called glutinous rice flour)
1/2 cup tapioca starch
1 cup chocolate chips or white chocolate chunks

Using your stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla. Add baking soda, powder, and xanthan gum. Add flours and mix slowly. Add chocolate chips and fold in by hand. Drop onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Baked at 350 for 16 minutes.

Tip: With gluten free cookies, it's best if the cookie dough is cool when you put it on the pan. Also, cool the pan between batches by sliding it in the freezer for a minute or two before adding the next batch of cookie dough to the pan. This will help keep the cookies from spreading.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

What are you up to for Thanksgiving this year?
Check out healthy Thanksgiving and otherwise recipes at Slightly Indulgent Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Delicious-looking cookies! I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving too! Lots of good food on my agenda: hazelnut prosciutto turkey, mashed parsnips (instead of spuds), stuffing, cranberry sauce, pumpkin cheesecake and rum chocolate cake. Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! :) Thanks for sharing the love. I just want to remind you that I don't accept spam comments. Cheers!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs