Sunday, October 4, 2009

Grilled Glazed Drummies

Today, as the rain dripped down, I noticed something about fall. In the fall, as it rains, the water collects yellow leaves into the gutters, pulled down from the friendly, protective maple that shades the house. The brilliant yellow of the leaves reflects the yellow of the neighbor's beautiful sunflowers, that opened to the sky just a month ago. In a few weeks, more rain will have made the trees bare, exposing the gray sky and fluttering chill. Fall.

Do not fear - we can grill anytime. These turned out really well, after much testing by the hungry crowd.

Grilled Glazed Drummies
Inspired by high school friend, Jennifer, and her food blog, Jenn's Home Cooking.

Grilled Glazed Drummies

1 c. ketchup
1/3 c. soy sauce (La Choy is gluten free)
4 tsp. honey
3/4 tsp. ground ginger
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
dash of sesame chili oil (from the Oriental Food Market)
3 lbs. chicken drumsticks

Combine all the ingredients expect the drumsticks in a bowl and save out 1/2 cup of marinade. Pour the remaining marinade into a ziploc bag. Add chicken and seal. Allow to marinade for 4 hours or longer in the fridge.
Grill on medium heat for 5 minutes, turn and baste with the reserved marinade. Grill for another 15-20 minutes turning and basting from time to time.

Find more great recipes at the weekly What Can I Eat That's Gluten Free? party!

5 comments:

  1. I know two people in my house who would love this and me for making it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really delicious Trish. The honey in it sounds appealing to me right now. Thanks for joining What can I eat that's gf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, that looks delicious! Thanks for sharing.
    Jessie at Blog Schmog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love chicken wings and drumsticks. For us it's the perfect food to eat while watching football. This sounds really good. I need to grab some more of the chili hot sauce and I'll be licking my fingers. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious! I really like smoked paprika. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! :) Thanks for sharing the love. I just want to remind you that I don't accept spam comments. Cheers!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs