Sunday, October 25, 2009

Gluten Free Menu Plan: October 26, 2009

October 2009 Co-op Food

This month's co-op food looks so tasty. We ended up with apples, pears, carrots, avocados, an eggplant, a head of cabbage, potatoes, and piles and piles of Utah onions and a variety of squash. I have enough squash to last me through the whole winter!

Yes, other exciting part of this week - Halloween! I'm working on my food-related costume, but it still needs a lot of work. Don't worry - it's a gluten free costume!

This week's Gluten Free Menu Swap is hosted by Heather at Celiac Family with the theme ingredient of cilantro, or fresh herbs. Heather mentions that she uses fresh cilantro most - I probably use fresh basil most, although I'm still an amateur with it. The food co-op has introduced me to raising fresh herbs, and keeping growing! plants around. Other great menus - including some gluten free ones - can be found at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

Dinner menu plan

Monday: Zippy Shepherd's Pie

Tuesday: BBQ chicken sandwiches on gluten free focaccia bread

Wednesday: Pad thai with chicken

Thursday: McCormick sloppy joes

Friday: partying... and oven-roasted tomato and fresh basil pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! :) Thanks for sharing the love. I just want to remind you that I don't accept spam comments. Cheers!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs