Monday, May 4, 2009

Adopt a Gluten Free Blogger: Ant's Pizza

Once again, I have joined my friends to adopt a gluten free blogger and explore their recipes. I chose Kerrie's mouth-watering pizza, created by her husband, Ant. Kerrie, of Gluten Free in the Shaolin, seems to have endless interesting products to try, and some delicious home cookin'. (I'm intrigued by the pizza rustica, though it will have to be another day that I try it.)

pizza2
Topped with pepperoni, ham, sweet bell peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, and cheese.
We've even had friends over for pizza, and they love this!


The one recipe that drew me in, in the early months of gluten free living 'round here, was Ant's gluten free pizza. Ant, her husband, worked in a pizzeria, and they live on Staten Island. We, here in Salt Lake, had explored all the best restaurant attempts at New York style pizza, and knew all the best places to hit (and those not to!)

Then, gluten free. We needed pizza. Something cheesy, that could be covered with salty meats and sweet bell peppers. A crust that had some chew, some crisp, and didn't taste like sawdust.

shaolinpizza
Just before toppings!

This crust, and pizza, have become a household staple, and we owe it to Kerrie and her fantastic gluten free blogging.

Please check out the rest of Kerrie's gluten free adventures, and you can even have exclusive access to the pizza crust recipe.

1 comment:

  1. Trish- Please include a link to the Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger event announcement at the Book of Yum in your post. Thanks!

    -Sea

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! :) Thanks for sharing the love. I just want to remind you that I don't accept spam comments. Cheers!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs